The Raw Honey and Brown Sugar Scrub.
I am a strong believer in using kitchen ingredients to pamper and treat myself.
The Raw Honey & Brown Sugar Scrub is excellent for your face, as a body scrub and for rough areas on your body, such as elbows, knees and feet. For a wonderful scrub that you can use once or twice per week, here is all that you need to do:
- Raw honey: The use of raw honey gently exfoliates the skin and stimulates circulation without causing irritation and dryness. Raw honey is a humectant which has the quality of attracting and retaining moisture, so it balances the skin moisture to give a soft glowing complexion. Another one of the amazing raw honey benefits for skin is its protection against sunburns.
- Brown Sugar: Exfoliating the skin with a brown sugar scrub cleans and tightens pores giving the skin a more even uniform appearance; pores look smaller, skin tone more even. It can also diminish the damage to the skin caused by acne and other skin conditions. Using a brown sugar scrub improves your skin's ability to retain its natural moisture balance.
- Oil such as Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Tea tree oil or other body oil I add a few drops to make the paste more manageable.
- Essential Oil (optional) Scented oils such as lavender, eucalyptus and others, should never be used directly on skin so make sure to mix to oil or lotion prior to using.
- Wash Cloth
- Mix 1 TBSP Raw Honey to 1 TBSP of Brown Sugar Add drops of oil geared. If prone to acne, some oils will help with controlling it . Consider peppermint, tea tree or rosemary for example.
- Apply the mixture to a clean face in upward circular motions for 3-5 minutes. Take your damp warm wash cloth and gently wipe the mixture off of your face. Repeat until the scrub is completely removed. Follow with a cool water rinse. Tone. Moisturize.
If dealing with acne this scrub works overtime to relieve you from it
And really, who doesn't want healthy, smooth, hydrated skin?
I try to do this facial scrub at least two times per week. I love this scrub because it's inexpensive and works wonders. Give it a try before you spend your money on chemical peels, commercial facial scrubs, etc.
Check more Pampering articles by entering pampering or self care in the search box.
Thanks for reading and please join us on Facebook we would love to meet you there!