Monday, March 14, 2011

Coffee Shops and why we love them so...

This post is just for fun. I love to hangout at Starbucks on Sundays afternoon so I was amused by a French  video that got me to realize how important coffee shops and coffee houses are to some people (like me)!


Picture taken at a local Starbucks on February 6, 2011.
I also realized that many movies do have scenes in Coffee shops/Coffee houses. They are such an integral part of people lives. I thought it would be fun to add some scenes from movies that have greatly entertained us like You Got Mail or the televise serie Friends.

(If you are new on the blog please take time to read my post http://goodhealthdiva.blogspot.com/2011/02/dont-waste-that-coffee-ideas-for.html  I share on this post many pratical ideas for re-using your coffee)!

My hubby and I are Starbucks lovers and we especially enjoy spending some times there on Sundays  evening.  I noticed that a few people are just as regular there on Sundays as we are, one is a wonderful man who just warm our heart each time we run into him on a Sunday evening.
I have started to realize that there is something truly special about a coffee shop. It's not always about the coffee,or is it?! It offers such a wonderful setting to...
  • Start (or end)  your day
  • Relax,Connect with friends like Friends did at Central Perk
  • Make some new ones,
  • Run into someone you haven't seen in years ( this happened to my hubby and I twice in the past weeks)
  • Regroup from a long day or week, 
  • Get some work done, 
  • Catch up on some reading, 
  • Have a barista as part of your "family" ,
  • Learn a new language ( like a scene of Friends with Phoebe speaking in French! Check one of the videos below)
  • Fall in love  or at least declare your affection to someone like in the very funny scene of Friends where Rachel is preparing to leave



  • Or even run into someone you don't want to see (like that scene from You got mail with Meg Ryan)


Well those are just some of the things that make a coffee shop special to some...

This tall Venti caramel macchiato that I love to top with cinnamon and a low fat very berry coffee cake are some of the things that make me go to Starbucks every Sundays or some Saturdays when I just have to get my Java made by a barista.  The rest of the week I play barista in my own kitchen!
I have ways to go before I can do what this guy does...

What make your coffee shop so special to you?

The video below is actually what inspired me to make time to write this post today and just have a little fun.
I wanted to bless coffee lovers and coffee shop dwellers (smiles) with a post they can appreciate and that would bring a smile as we start this new week! Hopefully this post will also generate a lot of laughter!
This is a French video, I understand the lyrics and it's pretty comical as she talks about some of the things she observes in the Coffee shop, but for those of you who don't understand, I thought you might still enjoy watching it!



Speaking of French here  is something really funny from Friends



I will post later this week on the benefits of omega-3 fats so come by please just to read on a different subject.
 Some time next week I will add another post on coffee! So please make sure to stop by again! Hope to see you soon, in the meantime please tell me...
What's the name of your Favorite Coffee/ coffee shop?! Where is it located? ( Please share so that offers will be inspired to check it out too)

What kind of  coffee shop aficionado  (smiles) are you? The one who is content just going through the Drive -Through?  Or the kind that needs to step in to take in the fullness of your coffee experience? Are you a coffee shop dweller who just have to seat  at least a few minutes or  do you prefer hanging there for at least a couple of hours? How often do you hang at your coffee shop? What makes your coffee shop experience so special to you?


N'na

4 comments:

  1. When Starbucks first came out and everyone was flocking to it, I couldn't get it. But over the last couple of weeks, I've started hanging at Starbucks. The last time, I met a friend there at 11am and we left at 6pm!!! Needless to say, I'm a Starbucks lover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Starbucks Coffee but prefer Paneras to Starbucks lol because I like their food better. I prefer the intimacy of Starbucks but when I go to a coffee house, I will literally spend hours on end there on my laptop of course lol.

    Thanks for sharing the videos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my video and thank you for making me discover this blog. really nice and Interesting :-)
    i wish u all a great evening !

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Whom this may concern:
    I would like to introduce a healthy coffee to you that comes in black, organic, latte, or mocha as well as tea form and hot chocolate with a healthy herb (ganoderma) with websites on this of over 300,000 pages of information. This herb helps promote:
    >Energy and vigor!
    >Boots stamina! (Less Fatigue)
    >Rejuvenates!
    >Oxygenates body!
    >Natural detoxification!
    >Mental alertnes!
    >Supports the immune system!
    >Raises your PH level!
    >Helps with diabetes!
    Etc
    If You would like to know more information on my product you may visit my website @
    elhernandez.organogold.com
    or email me at eddynlisa4evr@q.com
    You may be interested to know that you can order the product and and resell it @100% profit !!

    Thank You and have a great day! Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete