Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Simple and very effective remedy for Food poisoning!

Have you ever had food poisoning?! It's awful isn't it?! The vomiting, the diarrhea, the abdominal cramping, the nausea, the fact that it makes you so tired, the lack of sleep if you are enduring it during the night, the fact that it deplete your body from its electrolytes...Well, I just recovered from food poisoning and I felt that I probably should talk about it and slightly change my agenda for the week. I was planning on sharing the benefits of a homemade skin care scrub. I think that it's more important to share my experience with food poisoning because according to the Center for Disease Control food poisoning causes 76 millions illness in the USA,325 hospitalizations and up to 5,000 death each year. I am certain that many of you are familiar with the many food recalls on the news the past year and the precaution we are asked to take concerning E-coli and salmonellae.

Well, I take great precautions at home, I use vinegar to wash all my fruits and vegetables, even the packaged lettuces, spinach etc. I am very picky about where I eat and when I eat out I stick to the restaurants I am most familiar with and fit my standard of services and cleanliness.  However, for some reasons this is the third time since Thanksgiving that I suffered from food poisoning. The previous times, I had all the symptoms listed above.  This Saturday, I ate in a restaurant that's known for it's Buffet. It was not a Chinese restaurant, it was an American food restaurant that's actually part of a chain.
I normally don't do buffet no matter how good the food might be. If I find myself in a restaurant offering buffet I prefer to eat before or after meeting my party there.  Saturday I did not have the time to eat lunch because I had many errands to run and my family and I had to join at 4pm a group of associates to celebrate a graduation and I truly did not plan ahead for a healthy alternative to eating Buffet food.

I started feeling sick within hours of leaving this establishment. I had an awful night as I suffered from all the symptoms of food poisoning, except the vomiting this time. Sunday afternoon, I slept for hours after coming home from church and I finally decided that I had enough of being sick. So I started researching the Internet for home remedies.
I found more about the risk of food poisoning and only found one helpful site where someone commented that he used straight lemon juice with honey. He propbably suggested that because of honey's antibacterial properties but another person commented that sugar is not something to take when you are figthing an illness as it will just feed the bacteria.  Well, maybe the other commenter is not fully aware that the sugar in honey is different from white sugar and that honey is actually used to heal many health conditions. Anyway, after lot of reading and many divergences of opinions I found something that's more to my liking.

Here it is: 2 spoons of Apple cider vinegar!Nothing more and nothing less.  No kidding, that's it! 
 Well this being said, someone suggested rinsing your mouth with a rinse of baking soda so that the alkaline solution will protect the acid in the ACV, even though I did it I am somewhat questionning that suggestion because ACV is actually considerer alkaline.  I hope I won't have food poisoinning again but it's worth considering the suggestion to add honey. Lemon juice or ACV are hard to swallow and even though I would not mind taking it straight others might want to add honey to protect their throat if anything.

 Now, if you have read my blog entries before, you know by now that I am a huge fan of baking soda and ( apple cider) vinegar.  I felt much better within 30 minutes of taking those 2 spoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.  My mother had suggested that I get some garlic ( because garlic is antiviral and antibacterial). But the AVC was a quick, simple solution because I did not feel like cutting some garlic.
Now, you might wonder why ACV?! Well vinegar is antispetic and kills bacteria/germs so it's a great medicine to deal with the ones wrecking havoc in your body. I had used and recommended ACV for indigestion but never used it for food poisoning until now. I am convinced that apple cider vinegar, baking soda and lemons are the three things you should never run out!
When you don't have any apple cider vinegar you can squeeze 3-4 lemons and drink the juice straight preferrably or add honey if you must. In addition to that quick remedy drink lots of water and get some rest, your body still need them both to heal itself.

Well,  that's it for today, simply sharing a very simple way to knock out food poisoning instead of food poisoning knocking you out! Aren't you glad you are now more informed?!  So the next time you or someone you know suffer from food poisoning share those simple tips. It's easy but it could save a life!


To you better health and your better life.
Love you all and enjoy your week!

8 comments:

  1. You are so right about the vinegar but I never took it straight just diluted in water but I will try it because I am sick at the moment and am soaking in a vinegar bath..also I read to use only vinegar with the "mother" in it ..Thanks for sharing God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,i'm food poisoned right now and I've been since last night vomiting,stomac burn. Like crazy,i feel weak and cold,It's awful,I just tried the apple cider vinagar buty i had to throw out again and still feel bad inside,my email address just in case some better its out there:jorgeoquendo80@yahoo.com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depending on the pH of the poison you ingested you should either make your stomach more acid or more basic. For Cyanide poisoning where the toxic agent agent is the acid cyanide, ACV will for sure kill you faster by asphyxia. The right action in this particular case of cyanide acid ingestion for example from green elderberries or uncooked elderberries or plants is to drink baking soda to take the pH of your stomach to pH 9 to neutralize the Cyanide acid to its nontoxic basic form. After this you should administrate the poisoned person active charcoal. If making food our of elderberries, never eat the seeds an boil at least 5 minutes so the cyanide poison will evaporate. Dont smell the vapor either, you could be poisoned by the vapor too. Or just see elderberries as nearly not eatable except after the right and serious preparation by an well informed person.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanide_poisoning
    https://clonagen.com/search_product.php?supplier_name=&page=&supplier_id=&search=sambucus&filter=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy product. We grain oil using ghani(Traditional method) which was so called as".cold pressed oil online" at minimum temperature so the nature of oil is retained.This type of chekku ennai in chennai pressed in room temperature will not be heated during the extraction process and thus retains the nutrition benefits & original taste / flavour.Virgin coconut oil is the oil extracted from coconuts without the application of heat. It is rapidly gaining popularity throughout the world in comparison to ordinary virgin coconut oil and for a good reason.Organic marachekku oil in bangalore are produced in remarkable diversity by plants, animals, and other organisms through natural metabolic processes. Lipid is the scientific term for the fatty acids, steroids and similar chemicals.When oil is refined, it loses a lot of nutrients but cold pressing it in a marachekku oil ensures that you retain all of it,” says the 35-year-old who works in a software firm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. copper jugs is one of the few trace minerals essential to the human body. The correct functioning of the thyroid gland depends on the amount of copper you have in your system.We all know that losing weight requires fat and calorie burning, something drinking coconut oilcan easily provide.The healthiest coconut oil you can buy is organic, cold-pressed, unrefined coconut oil price in a glass jar.Improves Digestion -pure ghee is known to be one the most easily digestible dairy fat. It helps in proper digestion.cold pressed oil is considered to be one of the most versatile natural oils today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theavanakkenna castor seed, or bean, is the source of numerous economically important products as one of the world's most important industrial oils.

    Excellent Product. You can smell the raw smell of vaagai foods. First time I got this smell in a oil. Packing was excellent and the seller communicated properly.

    gingelly oil benefitsrefers to oils obtained through pressing fruit or seeds with a modern steel press, such as those used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it comes to health issues and getting cured. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Parkinson, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Syndrome, Cancers, HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, and any kind of disease & Infections Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching, honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..    

    ReplyDelete