Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Eco-friendly living & Green decor~Ideas for natural decorating with baskets

Hello dear!

I hope all is well with you as you read this today! In a recent article I talked about simple ways to an eco-friendly lifestyle http://goodhealthdiva.blogspot.com/2011/07/simple-ways-to-eco-friendly-and-green.html. Today I want to talk about Green decor and share a gallery of pictures of some of my favorite items.

With all the interest nowadays in living an eco-friendly life and implementing Green concepts even in our decor I find that there's one element that make our decorating lives very simple and versatile. I am talking about...


Bolga Baskets
Yessss! Baskets!
I have noticed that no matter what our decorating skills are or no matter what our decor style is, baskets are the one thing that are always incorporated in our decor. We seem attracted to them, if not for their styles, for their purpose as superb organizing/storage items.



The Bolga baskets, (the first picture above), are nice for shopping but I can see them storing items in a guest bedroom, keep a few magazines tidy, host some children toys or hold some beach items etc. Well, there's no rules for using baskets! What I love about them is that they can so easily change functions.
One day they serve one purpose, another day the same basket can be used for something else! Not too many items can boast such versatility don't you think?

 ~Green fruit basket~
Having a fruit basket on a kitchen counter is not just pretty it's also a great reminder to eat healthy!
Fruit basket

 ~Green bathroom basket~
This basket below keep some bathroom items and my homemade bathroom cleaner (in the green spray bottle).  My Green bathroom cleaner has for ingredients water and white vinegar! Now that's truly eco-friendly!
Bathroom basket
 ~Green kitchen basket~
This tiny basket was hard for me to use until my middle son cleverly started using it to harvest some herbs each time I will send him to collect some  for cooking or for making teas!
Small basket!

I use baskets in my pantry to store cookies' packs, onions, potatoes, plantains bananas etc...


~Green treasure chest~

Storage basket a.k.a my treasure chest!


Baskets in form of trunks are probably one of my favorite type of baskets! I call them my treasure chests because I always keep very sentimental items in them, my favorite books and my jounals! Yeah that might not sound sentimental to you but I love books and there are some that I like going through very frequently so I keep them very accessible! I also love journaling in cute journals!I tend to buy them and just store them for future occasions or even as gifts! When you have a lot of books and/or journals, they can easily turn to clutter! I like to keep mine neatly organized...
Storage basket for journals!

Storage baskets a.k.a my treasure chests!


The baskets below are on my wishlist! They are sold at the World Market! I love the colors!

Below is a short video showing how versatile they are and how they fit in my personal life!

 Enjoy!




As you can see baskets are beautiful and resourceful and there's not just one way to use them!

~ Green gift baskets~
Baskets are not just great for storage and decorating, they are also awesome for giving!
We all love to receive a nice gift basket! I for one love to make them as well! It's great to make something special for others! Isn't it?
 I made the basket below on Valentine day for a customer! The wife was so excited! She said it was the best gift basket she ever received! Most items were secented with lavender and eucalyptus which are great for inducing relaxation. There were also little touches that make my giving meaningful!
The basket was truly loaded!!! Now here's a basket that's sure to remind you to just "Enjoy life and Chilllax as much as possible"! Please read this article for more pampering ideas http://goodhealthdiva.blogspot.com/2011/01/pampering-yourself-is-good-for-your.html ....
Pampering  basket "Just for you"!


That's it for today dear! Thanks for staying around and hope you enjoyed this post! If you are new here please join the circle of friends! It would be a pleasure to see you here and hear from you often!
So that was my spin on baskets! What about you? How do you use baskets in your daily life and in your decor? Happy Green decorating!
 

N'na

2 comments:

  1. Great Ideas!! I'll consider this when I move in the next few months!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lala! You are such a sweetheart, thanks for stopping by I love having you here! Thank you and glad you like the ideas! I look forward to seeing how those ideas serve you in your new place!

    ReplyDelete